Speed Up ATI Graphics CardOn this page we will give you the best tips to speed up your ATI graphics card for better results when playing video's, video games, etc.. There are 2 ways to improve the performance of a video card, either you can tweak it to display better quality graphics or either you tweak it to speed the performance up. If you want to have faster graphics you're usually gonna have to sacrifice the quality of your graphics a little. This is because lower quality graphics usually need lesser resources, giving you more frames per second.
Using the ATI Catalyst Control Center ToolEvery ATI graphics card comes with a tool named Catalyst Control Center. With this tool you can tweak your ATI card for better performance.
- First update your drivers & software for your graphic card, see how to do that here
- Double-click on the ATI Logo in the lower-right corner of your screen (in the system tray of the Windows taskbar)
- When the Catalyst Control Center window pops up, choose to view it in Advanced mode
- When in Advanced mode, search for the 3D tab and click on it
- When in 3D mode click through the various tabs and adjust all settings to performance. Usually this means sliding the slider to the left side for all the settings
- Make sure you click the Apply button for all settings
- That's it! Your ATI graphics card is set to perform better now but with slightly lower quality graphics
Overclocking ATI Graphics CardOne way to speed up your ATI graphics card is choosing to overclock it to perform better. You can do this by using ATI Overdrive which is a build-in overclocking tool that comes with Catalyst Control Center.
WARNING: Overclocking your graphics card can damage the card and/or your entire system. Overclock it with caution. Watch out for the temperature of your card, don't let it get too high.
- Follow the first 3 steps of Using the Catalyst Control Center Tool
- Find the ATI Overdrive tab and click on it
- Click on Enable ATI Overdrive and select how much you want to overclock your card by sliding the slider to your preferred settings
- Click on the Test Custom Results... button to test if your graphic card can handle your new settings. When the test is Passed you can click the Apply button to make your new settings official
- Again: make sure you do not overheat your card. You can watch your cards' temperature by looking at the temperature statistics that ATI Overdrive displays.