Automatically Login To WindowsWhen your PC is located in a trustable environment and you only use 1 account to log in to Windows, a good way to speed up your Windows startup is to automatically login to Windows. Below is explained how to automatically login for the three major Windows versions.
Automatically Login to Windows 7
- Click Start in the lower left corner of your screen and click on Run
- Type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 and push Enter on your keyboard
- Uncheck Users must enter a username and password to use this computer and click OK
- After that fill out the login information for the account you want to automatically login with in the Automatically Log On window
Automatically Login to Vista
- Click Start in the lower left corner of your screen and type netplwiz in the Search box, after that press Enter on your keyboard
- Follow the last 2 steps of Change Windows 7 Theme
Automatically Login to XP
- Follow all the 4 steps of Automatically Login to Windows 7
Note: Watch out with automatically logging in to Windows if your computer is exposed to people who you don't trust. If you're unsure about people logging in, do NOT follow the above steps.