Turn Off Windows FeaturesA good way to speed up Windows is to turn off Windows features that Windows installs and runs automatically without asking you to do so. Below is a list of the 4 most important ones you could turn off:
- Disable Media Features
- Disable Tablet PC Components
- Disable Windows Search
- Disable Internet Explorer
How To Manually Turn Off All Windows Features Of Your ChoiceThe above 4 Windows Features are the most important ones to disable but you can manually disable all Windows Features if you want. See below how to do this.
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Click on Control Panel whereafter you click on Programs and Features
- Click on Turn Windows Features On or Off
- Uncheck the Windows Features you want to disable
- Click OK
Remember: never disable a Windows Feature when you aren't sure if you need the feature or not. Only disable a feature when you are 100% sure you do not need/want it.