Disable Tablet PC ComponentsIf you don't use one of the following handwriting recognition Windows features:
- Tablet PC Input Panel
- Math Input Panel
- Windows Journal
- other Windows handwriting recognition tools
...you can disable Tablet PC Components(which include all of the above features), it can speed your PC/Windows up.
How To Disable Tablet PC Components
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Click on Control Panel whereafter you click on Programs and Features
- Click on Turn Windows Features On or Off and uncheck the Tablet PC Components box
- Click OK
- See first step of "How to Disable Tablet PC Components"
- Click on Control Panel and open up Administrative Tools
- Click on Services
- Scroll down untill you see Tablet PC Input Service, select it and click on Stop the service
If you DO use built-in Windows handwriting recognition features, do NOT disable the Tablet PC Components.