Disable Windows SearchIf you don't use the search function in Windows a lot or not at all you can disable it. Disabling the Windows search function can speed up your PC/Windows because you will prevent your PC from using the resources it needs to run the Windows search.
How To Disable Windows Search
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Click on Control Panel whereafter you click on Programs and Features
- Click on Turn Windows Features On or Off and uncheck the Windows Search box
- Click OK
- See first step of "How to Disable Windows Search"
- Click on Control Panel and open up Administrative Tools
- Click on Services
- Scroll down untill you see Windows Search, select it and click on Stop the service
Remember, if you use the Windows search function regularly do NOT disable it. This should be common sense.